Articles of Association
Chapter I General Provision
Article 1 In Chinese, the Association is known as 廈門市會議展覽業協會
Abbreviation of Chinese Name: 廈門展協
In English, the Association is known as XIAMEN CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION ASSOCIATION
Abbreviation of English Name: XCEA
Article 2 Nature: Under the guidance of the Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Trade Development, the Association, a non-profit, industry-wide and local social organization with legal person status shall be composed of the convention and exhibition industry of the city and its relevant social organizations on a voluntary basis.
Article 3 Purpose: to abide by the constitution, laws, regulations and the national policies and respect social morality. To enhance the exchange and cooperation among the local, domestic and international convention and exhibition industries, strengthen the academic research and exchange, raise standards of convention and exhibition of Xiamen City so as to proactively serve as a bridge for the domestic and international economic, scientific and technological and cultural communication and cooperation, coordinate the relationships among industries, self-regulate the industry behaviors, promote the economic prosperity and hence contribute to the second development of the Xiamen Special Economic Zone.
Article 4 This Association shall be subject to the operational guidance and supervision and management of the competent authority in charge of its business, namely, Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Trade Development and the management authority namely, Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs.
Article 5 Domicile of Association: 2/F, Stair No. 13, Door No. 20, Xiamen International Convention and Exhibition Center, Fujian Province
Chapter II Business Scope
Article 6 The business scope of the Association includes:
(1) to investigate and research the economic operation and enterprise development of convention and exhibition industry, express the opinions and requirements of enterprises to the relevant government departments and provide advice and consultation service to the government for formulating industry policies and adjusting industrial structure.
(2) to collect, analyze and publish exhibition information and provide information service to the government, enterprises and members and social intermediary organizations.
(3) to organize the assessment on the exhibitions held in Xiamen, provide advisory opinions to the government for approval and payment of exhibition bounty and give advice to the development of exhibition.
(4) to organize and carry out the cooperation and exchange among convention and exibition industries both at home and abroad, and implement the counterpart communication and investigation activities.
(5) to organize and carry out propaganda of Xiamen exhibition activities and facilities.
(6) to assist the government and enterprise in bidding for hosting national exhibitions.
(7) to accept the entrustment of government authorities to audit the exhibition activities held in Xiamen and review the qualification of hosting enterprises.
(8) to assist the government in the planing and management of exhibition activities so as to prevent the repeated and deceptive exhibition.
(9) to formulate industrial rules and regulations, enhance the self-discipline of industry and safeguard the overall interests and lawful rights and interests of consumers.
(10) to organize and coordinate the member to participate the exhibition activities held at home and abroad; and
(11) to organize the research of convention and exhibition policies and talent training.
Chapter III Membership
Article 7 The Association is composed of institutional members and individual members.
Article 8 A member who applies to join the Association must meet the following requirements:
(1) to be in favor of the Statutes of the Association;
(2) to be willing to join the Association;
(3) to involve in the convention and exhibition business in this city and be influential in the circle.
Article 9 The procedure for a member to join the Association:
(1) to submit an application letter for joining the Association;
(2) to pass the qualification examination carried out by the functioning offices of Council;
(3) to be reviewed and approved by the Council; and
(4) to get a membership certificate from the Council or the functioning offices of the Association authorized by the Council.
Article 10 A member shall have the following rights:
(1) the right to elect, be elected and vote in the Association;
(2) to participate in the activities of the Association;
(3) the priority right to obtain the services of the Association;
(4) the right to criticize and make suggestions on the work of the Association; and
(5) to willingly join and freely quit the Association.
Article 11 A member shall perform the following obligations:
(1) to abide by the Statutes and make the payment for membership dues;
(2) to implement the resolution of the Association;
(3) to safeguard the lawful interests and rights of the Association;
(4) to complete the work assigned by the Association;
(5) to report the information and provide relevant materials for the Association; and
(6) to provide assistance to the Association in operation and make contribution to the Association.
Article 12 A member shall, before quitting the Association, notify the Association in writing and return the membership certificate; where a member failed to pay the annual membership dues without reason or did not participate in the activities of the Association in the past year, the member shall be deemed to have quitted the Association on its own.
Article 13 Where a member has any conduct that seriously violates the provisions of the Statutes, the member shall, after being voted and adopted by the Council through voting, be imposed on a penalty of removal of his name.
Chapter IV Organizational Structure, Election and Recall of Responsible Persons
Article 14 The General Assembly shall be the highest organ of power of the Association which shall exercise the following powers:
(1) to formulate and amend the Statutes of the Association;
(2) to formulate the resolution, working guideline and plans of the Association;
(3) to elect and recall the Council members;
(4) to decide on the appointment and dismiss of a leader holding an office of secretary general or higher position;
(5) to listen to and examine the work reports and financial reports of the Council;
(6) to decide on the dissolution of the of Association;
(7) to adopt the budget plans and final account plans; and
(8) to decide on other major issues.
Article 15 A meeting of the General Assembly shall not be convened unless 2/3 or more of members are present, and the resolution may not come into force unless it is adopted by half or more of members present at the meeting.
Article 16 The term of each session of the General Assembly shall be five years. When the shift of any session needs to be advanced or postponed due to any particular circumstance, it must be adopted by the Council through voting, be submitted to the Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Trade Development for examination and be approved by the Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs. However, the shift of any session shall not be postponed for more than one year.
Article 17 The Council is the executive organ of the General Assembly, which shall lead the Association’s daily work when the Assembly is not in session, and shall report to the General Assembly.
Article 18 The powers of the Council are:
(1) to execute the resolutions made by the General Assembly;
(2) to prepare and convene the meetings of the General Assembly;
(3) to report the working and financial situation to the General Assembly;
(4) to elect the standing director;
(5) to decide on the establishment of functioning offices, branches and substantial offices;
(6) to decide on the engagement of the Deputy Secretary-Generals and the responsible persons of all offices;
(7) to lead the work of all the offices of the Association;
(8) to constitute internal management systems;
(9) to accept the member's opinion, take charge of and coordinate relevant issues of member; and
(10) to decide on other major issues.
Article 19 A Council meeting shall not be convened unless 2/3 or more of Council members are present, and the resolution may not came into force unless it is adopted by 2/3 or more of Council members present at the meeting.
Article 20 The Council shall at least convene one meeting every year; for particular circumstances, the meeting may also be convened by means of communication.
Article 21 The Association shall establish the Executive Council. The Executive Council shall be elected by the Council, and shall exercise the powers in Items 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of Article 18 when the Council meeting in not in session, and shall report to the Council.
Article 22 An Executive Council meeting shall not convene unless 2/3 or more of executive Council members are present, and the resolution may not came into force unless it is adopted by 2/3 or more of executive Council members present at the meeting.
Article 23 The Executive Council shall at least convene one meeting every six months; for particular circumstances, the meeting may also be convened by means of communication.
Article 24 The President, Vice Presidents and Secretary-General of the Association shall have the following qualifications:
(1) to adhere to the line, principles and policies of the Party and be imbued with good political qualities;
(2) to be in repute in the business field of the Association;
(3) the maximum age of incumbent President, Vice Presidents and Secretary-General shall not exceed seventy. The Secretary-General shall be a full time officer;
(4) to be in good health and capable of fulltime work;
(5) never be inflicted of such criminal penalties as deprivation of political rights; and
(6) to be in full capacity for civil conduct;
Article 25 If the age of the President, Vice Presidents and Secretary-General exceeds the maximum age limit for office-bearers, it should be adopted by the Council through voting and submitted to Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Trade Development for examination and Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs for approval before the title is granted.
Article 26 The Association shall have one President, several Vice Presidents and one Secretary-General. The Tenure of the President, Vice Presidents and Secretary-General shall be five years which may be extended only in extraordinary cases after the extension has been adopted by 2/3 or more of members present at the General Assembly, and be examined by the competent authority in charge of its business and approved by the registration authority.
Article 27 The President of the Association is the Association’s legal representative.
The Association’s legal representative shall not serve concurrently as legal representative of another organization.
Article 28 The President of the Association shall exercise the following powers:
(1) to convene and preside over the Council meetings and the Executive Council meetings;
(2) to supervise and urge the implementation of the resolutions adopted by the General Assembly or the Council;
(3) to sign important documents on behalf of the Association;
(4) to carry out relevant external work on behalf of the Association.
Article 29 The Association shall have Deputy Secretary-Generals who shall exercise the following powers:
(1) to be responsible for the daily work of the functioning offices and implement the yearly work plan of the Association;
(2) to coordinate the work of the branch and substantial offices of the Association;
(3) to nominate the Deputy Secretary-Generals and the responsible persons of all functioning offices, branches and substantial offices for the approval of the Council or the Executive Council;
(4) to decide on the engagement of the staff members of all functioning offices, branches and substantial offices; and
(5) to handle other daily work of the Association.
Article 30 The functioning offices of the Association shall be responsible for the daily work of the Association
Chapter V Management and Utilization of Assets
Article 31 The funds of the Association come from the following sources:
(1) membership dues;
(3) government funding;
(4) income from activities or services within the approved scope of business;
(5) interest income;
(6) other legitimate incomes.
Article 32 The Association collects membership dues in accordance with the relevant regulations of the State.
Article 33 The funds of the Association must be used for the development of the activities and undertakings stipulated in the Statutes and must not be distributed among the members.
Article 34 The Association shall establish a strict financial management system and ensure the legitimacy, authenticity, accuracy and completeness of the accounting materials.
Article 35 The Association shall have qualified accountancy personnel. An accountant shall not concurrently act as a cashier. The accountancy personnel must carry on the business of accounting and perform accountancy supervision. In case an accountant is removed or leave his/her post, he/she should conduct the handover procedures in a competent manner with his/her successor.
Article 36 The Association must be subject to the methods of financial management prescribed by the State and the supervision of the General Assembly and the relevant financial departments. If the sources of funds are appropriations from the state or donations and financial support from all sectors of the society, they must accept the supervision by the auditing organ, and the auditing results must be made known to the public in appropriate ways.
Article 37 In the event of shift of the term of office or change of the legal representative, the Association must accept the financial auditing organized by the registration authority and the competent authority in charge of its business.
Article 38 No unit or individual shall encroach on, divide in private or divert the assets of the Association for other purposes.
Article 39 The wages and salaries, insurance and welfare benefits of full-time employees of the Association shall be handled according to relevant regulations of the State concerning public institutions.
Chapter VI Amendment to the Statutes
Article 40 Any amendment to the Statutes shall be reported to the General Assembly for examination and approval after the Council makes a decision thereof by voting.
Article 41 The amended Statutes shall be, within 15 days after the approval by the General Assembly, sent to the competent authority in charge of its business for approval and Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs for examination and shall be valid only after being ratified.
Chapter VII Termination and Disposal of Remaining Property
Article 42 If the Association needs to be cancelled owing to fulfillment of its purpose, dissolution on its own, separation or merger, the Council or Executive Council must propose a motion for termination.
Article 43 The motion for termination of the Association shall be subject to vote by the General Assembly and submitted to the competent authority in charge of its business for examination and approval.
Article 44 Prior to its termination, the Association shall set up a liquidation group responsible for the liquidation of obligations and liabilities as well as the handling of problems arising from the termination under the guidance of the competent authority in charge of its business and other relevant supervisory organs. During the period of liquidation, no other activities than liquidation shall be conducted.
Article 45 The termination shall be regarded as valid after the Association finishes the cancellation registration procedures at Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs.
Article 46 Monitored by Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Trade Development and Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs, the remaining properties of the Association after its termination shall be used for the support of related undertakings in conformity with the aims of the Association in accordance with relevant regulations of the State.
Chapter VIII Supplementary Provisions
Article 47 This Statutes was adopted at the General Assembly by voting on January 12, 2007.
Article 48 The right to interpret this Statutes shall be vested in the Council of the Association.
Article 49 This Statutes shall come into effect as of the date of ratification by Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs.
Sponsor:Xiamen Municipal Bureau of Convention and Exhibition Affairs Organizer:Xiamen Convention and Exhibition Association
Phone:86-592-5959353\2213713 Fax:86-592-2213716 E-mail:[email protected]
Technology: Xiamen Economic and Trade Information Center